Spaghetti ai frutti di mare is an Italian dish that typically consists of spaghetti pasta served with seafood such as shrimp, mussels, clams, and squid. The dish is typically made with a tomato-based sauce, garlic, white wine, and fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, or oregano.
To make spaghetti ai frutti di mare, you can follow these steps:
• 1 pound spaghetti
• 1 pound mixed seafood (shrimp, mussels, clams, and squid)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
• Fresh parsley, chopped
• Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente, according to the package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the seafood. Rinse and clean the seafood, removing any shells or beards from the mussels and clams. Cut the squid into rings.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the mixed seafood to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the white wine and bring to a simmer. Let the wine reduce by half.
- Add the crushed tomatoes to the skillet and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Simmer the sauce for 5-7 minutes, or until the seafood is fully cooked.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti and add it to the skillet with the seafood and sauce. Toss everything together until the spaghetti is coated in the sauce.
- Serve the spaghetti ai frutti di mare hot, garnished with chopped parsley and red pepper flakes (optional) for some extra heat.
If you want to try it at home, Buon appetito, by Chef Giovanni Orifici.
If you are looking for the best Spaghetti ai Frutti di Mare, look no further! Try them at GioiaEat today!